Discover the waters of the Blue Lagoon. A journey through a spa of volcanic earth harmonizes with nature.
The Blue Lagoon is one of Iceland’s most popular attractions and does not need any introduction. A unique and relaxing geothermal spa located in a beautiful lava field only 45 minutes from Reykjavik. The Blue Lagoon is a must-visit place for all guests of Iceland.
Please note that entry to the Blue Lagoon is NOT included in the tour price and must be pre-booked, which you can do here.
In 2012 the Blue Lagoon was listed as one of the world’s 25 wonders by the National Geographic magazine.
Can you imagine the scene? You are laying in the milky white warm bath located in the raw and rugged lava field while maybe having the chance of seeing the Northern lights in the sky (over wintertime)? That is a travel story everyone loves to bring back to their friends and family.
Here are some facts about the Blue Lagoon:
- It’s manufactured
- The steaming hot water is first used as a geothermal power plant and then directed into the lagoon
- The temperature of the lagoon is 37-40°C (98- 104°F)
- The water comes from the depth of 2000 meters (6561 ft)
- The lava field it’s located in is 800-year-old
- In the lagoon, you will find an in-water cave, a warm waterfall, and an in-water bar where you can purchase drinks while in the lagoon.
- They’re nothing less than 9 million liters (2,377,548 gallons) of water in the lagoon.
- Every 40 hours, the total supply of the lagoon’s water has been renewed.
- The beautiful blue color comes from silica. The lagoon’s water is a combination of freshwater and seawater and rich in silica and minerals.
- In the summertime, you’ll get an extra color to the mixture or the color green, which comes from algae.
- The healing water has helped many people with psoriasis or other skin ailments.
- At the Blue Lagoon, you can choose from 3 packages. Basic, comfortable, and luxury
- It’s not recommended to bring children younger than two years old.
Be sure to book your tour of a lifetime with us and experience Iceland in an ultimate way!
Please note that entry to the Blue Lagoon is NOT included in the tour price.
Price per Vehicle:
1-3 Passengers: 55.600ISK
4-7 Passengers: 63.900ISK
8-16 Passengers: 73.500ISK
2 Trees planted
Carbon dioxide footprint
We are proud to support responsible travel in Iceland. With Kolviður fund, we neutralize the carbon dioxide footprint of all our tours and service without any extra costs for our customers. The carbon neutralization is done by planting trees in collaboration with The Kolviður Fund, founded by the Icelandic Forestry Association. The distance calculates all our tours and service traveled following the offset agreement to determine the number of trees we plant to offset the carbon dioxide (CO2) footprint.
Choosing Oak Travel will make many great memories and offset our visitors’ carbon footprint around Iceland.
|Price per Vehicle||1-3 Passangers: 55.600ISK, 4-7 Passangers: 63.900ISK, 8-16 Passangers: 73.500ISK|